Click here for the Call for Proposal Form
2019 EECO Conference Call for Presenters
"Say Yes to New Adventures"
April 4-7, 2019 • Mohican State Park
Note: Presenters using technology should bring all equipment necessary for their session. This includes audio and video equipment, laptops, projectors, cables, and extension cords.
Proposals may be submitted until October 5 and will be rated according to the following criteria:
· The presentation should inform participants about proven practices or innovative new ideas for teaching environmental education concepts.
· The proposal should clearly explain what will occur during the session.
· The proposal should describe how participants will be engaged in the content being presented.
· The target audience for the presentation should be clearly identified (teachers and grade levels, administrators, agency staff, etc.)
· The presentation should demonstrate scientifically accurate content.
· The proposal should provide multiple sources of information when possible.
· The presenter should demonstrate a variety of opinions and, when possible, solutions to any environmental issues presented.
· The presenter should be able to maintain a safe environment for the participants at all times.
Stewardship, Conservation and Responsibility: Presentations in this strand can focus on anything that teaches future care for the environment or current environmental practices.
STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math), Outdoor Learning, & Careers: Presentations in this strand should focus on programs and projects that translate curriculum into the outdoors, inspire students to pursue environmental career paths, or resources that are available to make connections to existing and future careers in the environment.
Strategic Growth for Organizations: Presentations should focus on strengthening, improving and sustaining organizations including: funding, staff, volunteers, and program development.
Adventure and Outdoor Skills: Presentations should focus on opportunities that give participants useable skills to for exploring the outdoors in new or exciting ways.
Strands are flexible and all new or exciting proposals are encouraged.
Please submit your session proposal by returning the attached application by October 5, 2018 to be included in the program. Electronic submissions are preferred and greatly appreciated. Please return submissions to Amanda Kriner, Richland County Park District, 2295 Lexington Ave. Mansfield, OH 44907 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions should be directed to Amanda Kriner at the preceding address, or at (419) 884-3764. You will be notified of the status of your proposal in December. Thank you for your submission and we look forward to working with you!