To REGISTER see below for form and email address.
101 Alternatives to the Chalkboard “Lite,” the 2021 Edition
at YMCA Camp Kern on Saturday October 2, 2021
Cost: $20. Includes sessions and meals. Scholarships and discounts available.
9:00am Gathering and announcements
9:15-10:45 Small Group Session I
- Gia Giammarinaro Mushrooms for Naturalists
- Tracy Crotty Core Routines
- Lee Teevan Weather and GLOBE
11:00 – 11:45 Keynote presentation from Carolyn Watkins of the OEPA,
“Ohio’s Environment: Making Progress, Losing Ground.”
12:50 Gathering and announcements
1:00 to 2:30 Small Group Session II
- Ryan.Bourgart Environmental Literature
- Wendy Baker Stream Quality Monitoring using leaf bags
- Alli Shaw PawPaw Ramble
3:00 to 5:00 3mi river trip or a guided hike (still working on details, added cost for canoe trip is $14 per person)
6:45 to 8:15 Campfire, Songs and Stories
Chris Walker as master of ceremonies
Folks are welcome to stay Friday and/or Saturday night at no additional charge.
For more information, contact: Dave Moran, Outdoor Education Director email@example.com YMCA Camp Kern 5291 St Rt 350 Oregonia, OH 45054 513-932-3756x1527
Registration- please provide this information and email Dave Moran at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please leave a voice mail or email with your info. Payment can wait until the event. I will get back to you with a confirmation. Please try to register by September 25th. Thanks!
- Do you need a place to stay Friday night?
- How about Saturday night?
- Describe any special dietary needs:
- Do you have any needs or concerns?
- What Small Group Sessions would you like to attend (availability may be limited)
- Session I ______________
- Session II ______________
- Are you planning on staying for the 3mile cane float Saturday afternoon?
Scholarships and discounts available, contact Dave M for details
No charge for students or interns, but registration is needed
Checks should be made out to “YMCA Camp Kern”
Please be aware that the activities may carry a risk of injury. Be aware of these risks and your ability. Ask for help when needed. Please let us know if you have any special needs or concerns.
This event made possible by YMCA Camp Kern, the Environmental Education Council of Ohio, and the Ohio Environmental Education Fund